Passiflora
Welcome to the passiflora forum!

Please sign in to post and get access to all the features.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Passiflora
Welcome to the passiflora forum!

Please sign in to post and get access to all the features.
Passiflora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Passiflora Society International elections!!

2 posters

Go down

Passiflora Society International elections!! Empty Passiflora Society International elections!!

Post by EWortman Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:03 am

Attention all Passiflora enthusiasts! The Passiflora Society International, (PSI), is holding elections for most positions. They are currently in the nomination phase. If you are a current member of the Society and have not yet made your nominations, please be sure to do so before the cutoff date of December 5th. If you have not yet received your nomination ballot, please contact sbotto@butterflyworld.com to ask for one.

If you are not a current member, but would like to nominate yourself or someone else for a position, join today, and email the above address to ensure that your submission is valid and you receive a ballot for the elections once all nominations are compiled. I will post the dates for voting here once they are established. Please be on the lookout for them, as it will likely be a very short period of approximately one week to make your voice heard.
EWortman
EWortman

http://www.bloomingpassion.com

Back to top Go down

Passiflora Society International elections!! Empty Re: Passiflora Society International elections!!

Post by Nick Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:24 am

Hey Eric,

I'm sorry, I have joined psi a long time ago but have never paid attention to it other then checking the site to sign up. Whats the voting for? I have emailed sara for whatever email I miss(changed email) Also on the topic when, if ever will the next psi meeting? Was there a 2011 one I missed or what? I would really like to venture on a passi trip.

Thanks,
Nick
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Passiflora Society International elections!! Empty Re: Passiflora Society International elections!!

Post by EWortman Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi Nick,

Ron Boender, the founder and President of the PSI retired from his position, and most all other officers are doing the same. While Ron and the rest of the group did a wonderful job for many decades, I think they are ready to move on and allow a new generation to take the reigns. This is an opportunity for the Society to be reborn into what we the members want it to be.

When and where the next PSI meeting will be held is completely up to the new administration that takes over. Keep in mind that as membership has decreased over the last few years, so has income for the club, making it harder to put together events and even the newsletter. New revenue streams must be developed and instituted before we can do much, but with effort and time, I believe it possible to begin again having meetings in the US at least biennially, and hopefully in other countries around the world on the opposite years.

Personally, I have high hopes and a large vision for the years to come for the PSI, and together with a few like minded people, I think the future looks bright.

Be sure that you get your election ballot... and vote!
EWortman
EWortman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Hey Eric,

Thank you for getting back so quickly. I much like the idea of a new crowed. Not that I disliked anything before, the change is just cool. I wish you lived closer to meet in person but I have quite a few ideas that might help our future passiflora groups. Please don't think of me as not helpful during this as I would like to help insure trips for psi. I'll always help fund what I can for psi or atleast come up with a few money making ventures. Though I'm new to this and still young, I'd like to help continue what the Ron and the others started for many years to come. Message me for any thing you guys might need. I will always be glad to throw a local plant sale to raise money or something.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by EWortman Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:50 am

Hi Nick,

Perhaps you should nominate yourself for a position. Your enthusiasm for the plants and the community is exactly what I would want on my team, assuming I get elected. I am not aware of anyone running for the Secretary position yet, though I do not have access to the nominations, so anything is possible.

Did you get today's email from Sarah regarding the date change and new link? If not, let me know, and I will post it here.

If you ever want to chat off-post, my email is eric@bloomingpassion.com

All the best,
EWortman
EWortman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:16 am

Hey Eric,

Yes I did receive the email from Sarah. I have voted and everything. I like the idea of working with you guys but doubt I'll get more then my vote haha I have nit been around long enough, and am not as well know as someone like you. I can dream though Smile I'll still offer any help I can regardless. I have many ideas to move psi to the next level.

Nick

Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by EWortman Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:37 am

HI Nick,

You never know...

After the nominations are compiled, I will be posting my selections for each post on all of the Passiflora forums. I already have a few friends that simply want me to tell them who to vote for because they are not involved much in the Passiflora community. I am recommending a wonderful webmaster who is almost completely unknown in the Passiflora world, but would do a fantastic job.

I look forward to seeing your name on the nomination list!

Eric
EWortman
EWortman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down