Passiflora
Welcome to the passiflora forum!

Please sign in to post and get access to all the features.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Passiflora
Welcome to the passiflora forum!

Please sign in to post and get access to all the features.
Passiflora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit

2 posters

Go down

pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit Empty pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit

Post by Nick Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:45 pm

My dragon fruit 'Physical graffiti'
pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit 6124142759_b4fb4eb4e6
pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit 6134692469_f141c2e674
pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit 6134692477_0c394f4e72
pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit 6134692483_352879e785

My dragon fruit 'alice'
pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit 6121274164_a78f684f23
pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit 6121274172_34349bd87b
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit Empty Re: pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit

Post by tropique Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Hello Nickisking

How do you do for the flowers?
  The dragon fruit has three years and never flower.
   thank you very much

pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit Fruit_11

pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit Fruit_12

tropique

tropique

Back to top Go down

pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit Empty Re: pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit

Post by Nick Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Hey tropique,

I just like to start by say very cool that you have your dragon fruit in the ground. I have yet to try that. When I move to florida next year ill be making a couple rows of them. Im guessing yours were cutting? Is it more then one even? fill me in a little on if you have more then one. If you have more then one do you have two different ones for cross pollination? are they seed grown or cutting? At three years from cutting you should already have a couple of fruit. As all my cuttings are only only just at 4 years. I had atleast 2-3 flowers on each one last year and atleast 1-2 fruits on them. What soil do you use? They are tropical cactus, and enjoy higher organic materal soil slightly higher in acidity and moister aswell. In my pot I use a 90% compost soil I make from my composter(high organic nutrients) and 10% sand for the fun of it. I do use fertalizer as well during the year. And train and cut my plants short each spring to keeep the fruit they do make big. I know its cheating but They seem to be enjoying life. NIce fruit as well. Its one thats unable to self itself though. So ifs its yours you would have needed two different plants flowers open (why I asked if you had different ones) If you have never had flowers then where did the fruit come from? They flower of me in spring and then again in fall if im lucky but that seems to be how it goes. I just say fertilizer when needed(for them I do it every other month in the warm seasons) and just wait really. I take them from there pots each fall and wash the soil away, upgrade my pot, and at new soil. Sense its in the ground changing the soil might not be best. I know this migh not even help but all im saying is the flowers are triggered by sun, age of plant, and the nutrients it gets. For more info on these guys privite message me. Ill ether try to help better or give you a link to site amd forum I used to go to for the same info.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by tropique Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Hello Nickisking

My two pitayas are grown from cuttings.
  Maroc.Une cutting of a cutting of France.
  J have committed many errors in their culture.
  I would do as you say. Pollination is manual.
  Thank you very much.
  Good culture.
     tropique

NB / J PEIT of writing sentences, to have a good translation.

tropique

Back to top Go down

pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit Empty hey

Post by Nick Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:18 am

Salut

Im torpique vraiment désolé, c'est impoli de m'écrire que beaucoup et de vous faire avoir elle aussi traduire
. N'hésitez pas à écrire comme ça, car il rend les choses faciles. Que voulez-vous dire que vous avez fait des choses mauvaises avec votre pitaya ? Je pense qu'ils ont l'air très bien. Ce sont des plantes très dures et voyant que vos plantes sont assez gros your doing quelque chose de droite. Je parie que vous aurez des fleurs en peu de temps ! Aussi si votre pouvoir obtenir un rose fructifié coupe non seulement il sera pollinisatrice auto mais il vient se trouve au goût mieux 10 x puis les types fruités rouges ou blanches. Le blanc fructifié comme mon pitaya alice ou votre goût d'image très fade. Celles entièrement rouges déguster un peu plus sucré puis celles blancs et le Rose un (un hybride de la rouge et de blanc) a été bred maintenant d'être la plus agréable de leur tous et il permet que les fleurs sur elle pollinisent combattirent avec votre ou une aide de chauves-souris. Si votre pays permet je peux envoyer vous boutures de la Rose fruitée physical graffiti si vous le souhaitez. Je pense que votre chance d'eux poussent dans le sol. Comment froid/chaud fait-il où tu habites ? Et avez-vous eu de les couper tout retour ? Je sais, en 10 ans, qu'ils peuvent couvrir un arbre de 15 pieds de hauteur ! J'espère que vous pouvez au moins un peu lire ceci.

Nick
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by tropique Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Bonsoir Nickisking
  Généruse thank you for your proposal.
  And thank you for your advice.
  Pitaya fruit in the picture is the fade.Je bought on the market.
  My two pitayas were in the shade. I'll put them in pots with good soil.
  I am in Casablanca ( Morroco ). Temperature: 10 ° c 35 ° c -----.
  All tropical plants succeed with us.
  Look what I grow in my garden, to get an idea:
   link:http://tous-les-fruits.com/photos/tropique/album-288.html
   S there is something new, I would say
     thank you again
      A
            tropic

tropique

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:59 pm

My pitaya Vietnamese red, and L.a. woman. I picked the La woman a little early sorry.
pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit 6151628944_f064bdae7e
pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit 6151628936_dda21be58c
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by tropique Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Hello Nickisking

This is very pitaya savoureuse.Bon appetite!pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit Repas10

tropique

tropique

Back to top Go down

Post by tropique Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Good evening

Please Nick, how to have ds flowers?
Thank you

pitaya vine buds, flowers, and fruit Fruit_15
He was 4 years old.He has never flowery n

tropique

tropique

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Hey,

I can give a few suggestions, but please understand I can only do just that. I do not know what has kept your plants from flowering but I'll try to help. I also don't understand your climate so I'll be using mine as examples. In the fall, I cut back my dragons to just 1-2 links of the plant each. And store my cuttings till winter. Cutting them back helps me to bring the plants inside, make rooted cutting for sale, and give the dragons time to focus on their roots. In fall still after cutting them back I store them in empty room.In winter they stay there as I root the cuttings I took in the fall. In spring I give them new soil and start fertilizing, and bring them outdoors. They only take about a month or two to fully grow back to be monsters. By the start of summer you should have flowers. And by the end of summer you should be sick of eating the fruit haha. I'll up load a few pics of this process for you in a message next year unless others want me to do it here on this post( I know this is a passiflora website) I will say your plants size is nice. And it should flower for you soon. Next year I'll be keeping mine outdoors year round so I'll be learning more myself. I know how frustrating waiting for plants to flower I have quit a few endangered plant that i have had for year that have yet to flower, and don't even get me started on some of my passiflora I have grown from seed haha. I wish you the best of luck! keep me updated and I'll try to heLp more if I can.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by tropique Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Hey,

Good evening Nick

The month of March, I will do as you say:
-change the Earth.
-Add l fertilizer.

Surely, j would have beautiful plants as yours.
And beautiful fruit.Yum! yum!
I'll show you to n anything.
MO st subtropical climate.
An idea :http://www.zoover.fr/maroc/maroc/casablanca/meteo

Thankyou Very Happy

tropicana

tropique

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down